After successful 3 weeks of testing the Chinese MIUI 10 Developer ROM 8.6.19, we can confirm that the update which is a “Public Beta” has started rolling out to the selected device. Xiaomi phones currently getting the update include Mi 8, Mi 8 SE, Mi 6, Mi 5, MI MIX 2S, Mi MIX 2, Mi Note 2, Redmi S2 and Redmi Note 5. Meanwhile, Mi 6X suppose to be receiving the first batch of the update but due to camera FC issue, the update has been suspended until the issue is resolved.
Chinese MIUI 10 Developer ROM 8.6.19 changelog
- Full-screen gestures – For device yet to receive the feature, the update will bring new UI optimized for full-screen Gesture experience.
- The new system sounds – You can relax listening to filtered and simplified sounds with the ability to choose between the beach, summer night, stove fire, forest, and drizzle.
- Smart alarms with weather info
- Ai and Machine learning
- Optimized swipe response
- Tap plus 2.0: Translation and AI recognition
- Renewed system App (PWA), Clock and Note.
- Fix – Issues with face unlock
- New – Taplus settings have been moved to Additional settings from MIUI lab.
Other changes/fixes of the Chinese MIUI 10 Developer ROM 8.6.19 include a suggestion for connecting to a nearby device, flagship IoT for a smart device and image processing with Ai for crisper images in WeChat and Toutioa.
How to upgrade, navigate to my settings>>>device update>>>MIUI version for the update – For devices currently running MIUI 9 Global ROM.
You can upgrade using the fastboot method if you’re currently running the older version – MIUI 6, 7 and 8 Stable ROM. Click here for how to upgrade.
Note: if your device is still locked, it is adviced you unlock it before the fastboot flashing. Click here on how to unlock the bootloader.